1.21.2009

Chairs by Cheryl Ekstrom

Eames Lounge Chair with Ottoman, Cheryl Ekstrom






Swan Chair Sculpture, Cheryl Ekstrom



Marshmellow Sofa, Cheryl Ekstrom


At first I came across these and thought they were so devastatingly cool to have upholstered in silver leather and stainless frames, as I myself am in the process of shopping for fabric to reupholster an Eames lounge chair of my own, but lo and behold--these chairs are actually sculpture! I guess that's why the lounge chair is $95,000, and weighs 260 lbs. Made by Cheryl Ekstrom, with permission from Eames Office, the Republic of Fritz Hansen and Herman Miller. From her series, "Stable Inhabitants of a Changing World". Available at Trove. Come to think of it though, even though they are art, these pieces would make incredible outdoor furniture.

No comments:

Post a Comment